Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
Note: This is an on-location position only.
React / Angular / Ember Developer
Cheeky Monkey Media is an established web services company with a track record of delivering great looking and diverse web projects for over a decade.
What’s it like to work with monkeys?
Flexibility: Office hours are semi flexible as long as long as we meet the needs of the team and the projects we’re working on. Official office hours are Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm PST. We are typically ok with Mon-Fri 8am to 4pm PST as well.
Extended Learning: Our team is all about attending events that help broaden our developer horizons. We are a teaching office and while we enjoy independent thinkers and self starters, we are all about getting your learn on as well.
Fun: We aim to please, but we also have a great time doing it. Almost everyone on our inhouse team has their own Nerf gun, and we have a resident Star Wars expert. And safety glasses. Just sayin.
Team Building: In house developers get to partake in some pretty kick-a** team meetings. There may or may not be beverages consumed.
Support: We will never let you fall on your monkey-butt. Ping the team slack channel for help on anything, monkeys will answer. Our workflow is designed to help our developers improve and we take opportunities to mentor each other.
Competitive Pay: Not just bananas! We value your talent and for that you shall be rewarded.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as LESS, Sass.
- Excellent understanding of OO programming.
- Knowledge of build systems and package managers such as Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, NPM, Bower, Composer.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The right Developer will also have experience in the following:
- Mobile web development ie. React Native.
- Experience with Web APIs (Google’s APIs, Facebook API, Twitter API).
- Experience with a CMS (Drupal, WordPress, etc.).
- Proficient with some server-side development (PHP, Node.js).
- A sense of humour.
- Education is important, but we will take experience over that any day.
- At least 3 years of experience in the Developer world.
- Completing day-to-day Developer tasks.
- Understands GIT and SVN, knows when we say “make a branch” we aren’t looking for a tree.
Would you like to apply? If so, please send your resume to [email protected]