Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
Note: This is an on-location position only.
Senior Backend Developer (PHP / Symfony)
Cheeky Monkey Media is an established web services company with a track record of delivering great looking and diverse web projects.
We are seeking backend developers to add to our team. We specialize in PHP and MySQL based Drupal development, but no previous Drupal experience is required. A successful candidate will have backend web development experience and be comfortable with PHP/MySQL. If you have programming competency, Cheeky Monkey Media will provide mentorship in Drupal.
What’s it like to work with monkeys?
Flexibility: Office hours are flexible as long as long as we meet the needs of the team and the projects we’re working on.
Extended Learning: Our team is all about attending events that help broaden our developer horizons.
Fun: We aim to please, but we also have a great time doing it.
Team Building: In-house developers get to partake in some pretty kick-butt team meetings. There may or may not be beverages consumed.
Support: We will never let you fall on your monkey-butt. Ping the team slack channel for help on anything, monkeys will answer. Our workflow is designed to help our developers improve and we take opportunities to mentor each other.
Competitive Pay: Not just bananas! We value your talent and for that, you shall be rewarded.
Backend Developer duties would include:
• Drupal site planning and building.
• Custom module/plugin development.
• Development workflow with GIT.
• Performing code review of other team members code.
• Automated testing.
• Maintenance and debugging.
• Offering technical solutions based on client requirements.
• Providing patches to contributed Drupal modules.
• Giving direction as project tech lead.
• Participating in a demonstration of completed work.
• Mentoring junior developers.
Education and Experience required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Minimum of 4 years programming experience.
• Experience with REST API development and integration.
• BONUS - Proficiency in Drupal site engineering, module development & theming.
• BONUS - Frontend experience with HTML/JS/SCSS.
Would you like to apply? If so, please send your resume to