Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an onsite position only.
Drupal Back-end Developer with Cheeky Monkey Media are advanced Web Developers with a strong understanding of open source web technology LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) stack. Drupal is a large and robust open source framework which Cheeky Monkey Media uses to build web-based solutions for our clients.
The Drupal Back-end Developer is required to be an experienced web developer with Drupal who are able to deliver the following:
- Custom module development
- Theme development
- Member of the Drupal community
- Mentor to junior web developer learning Drupal
So, now that we have your attention, what are some perks to working with a bunch of people who call themselves monkeys?
- Flexibility: You get to choose your hours and that’s pretty awesome. Your start time is also flexible. Because we roll like that.
- Extended Learning: Our team is all about attending events that help broaden our developer horizons.
- Diversity: Our team is not your average Drupal team. We aim to please, but we also have a great time with it.
- Team Meetings: The person that works with us locally will get to partake in some pretty kick-butt team meetings. There may or may not be beverages consumed.
- Backup: Unlike other companies, we will never let you fall on your monkey-butt. We work as a team and never leave a developer behind.
- Competitive Pay: Our pay scale is competitive, so we won’t leave you out to starve. We value your talent and for that you shall be rewarded.
Senior Drupal Back-end Developer Daily Duties would include:
- Developing custom Drupal modules using PHP
- Commit work to GIT repositories
- Performing peer code review of other team members code
- Write test scripts
- Investigating performance improvements and bottlenecks in code
- Deploy work to different development environments
- Document technical requirements based on client needs
- Provide patches to contributed Drupal modules
- Give direction to members as a projects Tech Lead
- Participate in demonstration of completed work to client
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years Drupal programming experience
- Advanced proficiency in Drupal site engineering, module development & theming
- Substantial experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Advanced proficiency in Linux administration, Apache configuration, MySQL database, design, and PHP web development
- Intermediate proficiency in hand-coded W3C compliant HTML & CSS
- Thorough understanding and proven implementation of W3C Web Standards
- Substantial knowledge of pre-existing solutions and techniques for solving problems
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, a positive attitude and team orientation
- Ability to demonstrate leadership with peer coaching and mentoring
- Experience exhibiting leadership in client interactions
The Drupal Back-end Developer responsibilities include:
- Always producing high-quality work and of course following the standards that Cheeky Monkey Media has set for itself.
- It’s important that you are a deadline-oriented person. You have to be on time and available to take on small or larger projects. At some points in time, you may be asked to juggle several projects.
- Time management is a major part of your role. It’s vital that you stick to the time estimated to finish the project.
- Communication is just as important as the air you breathe here at Cheeky Monkey Media. You should be available and willing to chat with other members of the team.
- Team player mentality is also important. There are other Developers on the team and that means you should be willing to set aside your differences and work with them on a daily basis. At some point in time, you may also be asked to mentor a new Developer on the team.
The right Developer will also have experience in the following:
- Drupal Module Development
- CSS / HTML
- Experience with Drupal and other CMS.
- Server configuring
- Experience with source control system.
- Experience with IDE and Eclipse is a bonus.
- Education is important, but we will take experience over that any day.
- At least 3 years of experience in the Developer world.
- Completing day-to-day Developer tasks
- Understands GIT and SVN, knows when we say “make a branch” we aren’t looking for a tree
- Cheeky Monkey Media might have other tasks/programs we need you to learn.
Cheeky Monkey Media has an active contribution time set aside a day once a month to continue to produce large fixes, patches, and improvements on the projects we currently support. As well it is expected throughout a month, downtime will be split between writing and contributing back to the community.
Would you like to apply? If so, please send your resume to [email protected]