Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
Note: This is an on-location position only.
Cheeky Monkey Media is an established web services company with a track record of delivering great looking and diverse web projects.
We are looking for a Technical Lead with a strong understanding of open source web technology LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) stack. Drupal and WordPress are the two main open-source frameworks that Cheeky Monkey Media uses to build web-based solutions for our clients.
As a Technical Lead, your day to day activities will include planning and executing tasks, team leading, development as well as customer meetings. Being comfortable working in a team environment is a must. Knowledge of Wordpress is required, and Drupal experience would be a huge asset.
What’s it like to work with monkeys?
Extended Learning: Our team is all about attending events that help broaden our developer horizons.
Diversity: Our team is not your average team. While we are professional and take our jobs and clients seriously, we like to have fun during our workday. Our in house team is made up of an interesting mix of people who will help you learn and make you laugh all at the same time.
Team Meetings: The person that works with us locally will get to partake in some pretty kick-butt team meetings. There may or may not be beverages consumed.
Backup: Unlike other companies, we will never let you fall on your monkey-butt. We work as a team and never leave a developer behind.
Competitive Pay: Our pay scale is competitive. We value your talent and for that, you shall be rewarded. Every new hire is subject to a 3 month probation period where we try each other on. A well-tailored fit benefits us all.
Technical Lead duties would include:
- Planning and scoping tasks
- Guiding and leading a team of developers
- Commit work to GIT repositories
- Performing peer code review of other team members code
- Write test scripts
- Custom development
- Investigating performance improvements and bottlenecks in code
- Deploy work to different development environments
- Document technical requirements based on client needs
- Participate in demonstration of completed work to client
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of PHP programming experience
- Substantial experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Advanced proficiency in Linux administration, Apache configuration, MySQL database, design, and PHP web development
- Intermediate proficiency in hand-coded W3C compliant HTML & CSS
- Thorough understanding and proven implementation of W3C Web Standards
- Substantial knowledge of pre-existing solutions and techniques for solving problems
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, a positive attitude and team orientation
- Ability to demonstrate leadership with peer coaching and mentoring
- Experience exhibiting leadership in client interactions
- Always producing high-quality work and, of course, following the standards that Cheeky Monkey Media has set for itself.
- It’s important that you are a deadline-oriented person. You have to be on time and available to take on small or larger projects. At some points in time, you may be asked to juggle several projects.
- Time management is a major part of your role. It’s vital that you stick to the time estimated to finish the project. If more time is needed, then it’s imperative that those concerns are addressed to the supervisor.
- Communication is just as important as the air you breathe here at Cheeky Monkey Media. You should be available and willing to chat with other members of the team. If there is ever an issue, we want you to feel comfortable enough to talk to your supervisor at any time.
- Team player mentality is also important. There are other Developers on the team and that means you should be willing to set aside any personal problems and work with them on a daily basis. At some point in time, you may also be asked to mentor a new Developer on the team.
For those who are ready to be part of an awesome team, please email your resume to [email protected]!